Dengue fever Includes cause, prevalence, transmission, symptoms, treatment, and prevention in Urdu | Pakistan Science Club Blog
- Dengue is a mosquito-borne infection that causes a severe flu-like illness, and sometimes a potentially lethal complication called dengue haemorrhagic fever.
- Global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades.
- About two fifths of the world’s population are now at risk.
- Dengue is found in tropical and sub-tropical climates worldwide, mostly in urban and semi-urban areas.
- Dengue haemorrhagic fever is a leading cause of serious illness and death among children in some Asian countries.
- There is no specific treatment for dengue, but appropriate medical care frequently saves the lives of patients with the more serious dengue haemorrhagic fever.
- The only way to prevent dengue virus transmission is to combat the disease-carrying mosquitoes.