Best Young Scientist Award-2012
Innovation is vital to a healthy national economy. Cross-functional and multidisciplinary teams help create some of our most popular products, from the iPod (software, hardware, user researchers) to new medical devices. In addition, innovation across multiple disciplines is essential for solving some of the country’s most pressing problems, from fixing a ruptured oil well on the ocean floor to providing clean energy sources. Science and engineering teams are,
as a result, increasingly multi- and/or interdisciplinary. Funding agencies have recognized that solving complex problems often requires teams from multiple disciplines, and universities are continuing to develop cross-disciplinary programs. National Academy of Young Scientists (NAYS) and Pakistan Science Foundation (PSF) wants to appreciate all disciplines of Sciences, that is why NAYS and PSF come this year with Best Young Scientist Award 2012 in
Instructions for Nominees
The researchers in the field of Interdisciplinary Research will be judged on the basis of quality of research, particularly contributing towards the product, discovery, phenomenon which interact at least two disciplines together (Biophysics, computational sciences etc).
• Nominees can download application forms in electronic format from the website of NAYS.
• Application form must be completed in every sense, supported by the relevant documents.
• Candidates must provide their CV and separate publication list with application form.
• Any Pakistani young researcher who is of age 30 or younger is eligible. There will be no relaxation in age limit.
• The Research work must be done in Pakistan.
• The decision of Jury will be final.
• Winners will be asked to give presentation of their research projects on Award ceremony (15-20 min presentation)
• All the application should email to Project Coordinator through email at email@example.com
The Best Scientist award of the year 2012 includes
100,000 + Gold Medal + Shield
75,000 + Shield
50,000 + Shield
The applications should be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org to project coordinator till 31st June 2012 (only online applications will entertained).
A committee comprise of eminent Scientists will select the best young researcher of Interdisciplinary Sciences.
Result will be announced on 14th Aug, 2012 on NAYS website www.nays.com.pk
Promotion of scientific efforts of our Researchers, scientists nationally and internationally
Motivating young scientists to do more quality research and prompting such projects which can directly beneficial to our country
Providing a quality platform to young scientists, Researchers, Professionals to present their work
To emerge new needs and professions in interdisciplinary field which crosses traditional boundaries between academic disciplines or schools of thought.