NAYS is going to organize NAYS Science Forum 2013 on 9th April 2013. Brief details are
NAYS is a forum to highlight scientific contribution in sustainable development of Pakistan. In addition to provide an interactive environment to develop future scientific cooperation and collaborations.
For this NAYS is going to organize NAYS Science Forum-2013 in collaboration with Science Society, University of Peshawar, and PASTIC sub-centre Peshawar on April 9th 2013.In this event we are going to involve all universities of Pakistan. In this event an opportunity will be given to the young scientists to present their research work in the form of posters and oral presentations and awards will be given to best oral and poster presentations.
To organize this event NAYS is going to arrange following activities in Peshawar KPK.
1. Oral Scientific Presentations of 5 min duration (only for PhD Scholars)
2. Poster competition for M.Phil Scholars.
3. 2 panel discussion of 30min each .
• Science translation challenges in Pakistan.
• Science Education in schools and colleges, past, present and future.
4. Scientific journey of eminent scientists
Oral Presentations (PhD Scholars)
One PhD scholar from each department will present. Titles will be selected by the Scholars, only the condition is that it should be their own research paper already published or under process
The contestants have to make a 5-min presentation of his research work
Poster competition for MSc and M.Phil Scholars.
Scientific posters should follow the IMRAD format (Introduction, Methods, Results, and Discussion).
• The Introduction presents the background and the purpose of the research. The background information typically consists of a statement summarizing the current knowledge in an area, what knowledge is missing, and how this research project addresses the knowledge gap. A hypothesis can be included in the Introduction.
• The Methods section should specifically address the following areas: research work. The Methods section should also include a description of the intervention (if appropriate), a description of the outcome variables and how they were measured, and the method of statistical analysis.
• The Results section includes the quantitative data. This section usually begins with a description of the subjects in the study and a description of those who were not included because they failed to meet the inclusion criteria or dropped out. Include the frequencies of the most important outcome variables. Consider comparisons of the outcome variables between various subgroups within the study .Numerical results should include standard deviations or 95% confidence limits and the level of statistical significance should be indicated.
• Finally, in the Discussion section, state concisely what can be concluded from the study and its implications. Make sure that the conclusions are supported by the data presented in the Results and do not present unsubstantiated personal opinion.
LIST OF DISCIPLINES WHICH CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT:
Department of disaster preparedness
Organizer: National Academy of Young Scientists (NAYS) Pakistan
Collaborators Science Society, University of Peshawar; and
PASTIC Sub-center Peshawar,
Date: April 9th 2013, (in sha Allah)
Venue: Convocation Hall, University of Peshawar, KPK
Registration fee: Rs. 300
Last Date for Registration: 1st April 2013
Send your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1st April 2013
Registration Form Link:
NAYS Bank Account Details
Bank: Habib Bank Limited (HBL), University of the Punjab, New Campus Branch.
Account Title: NAYS
Account No: 01827901168303
For Further Details Please Visit
In case of any query contact us:
President NAYS: O300-7402202
NAYS event coordinator (KPK): O313-9564053